URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL STUDENTS!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE BEFORE YOU ENROL!!
In accordance with the current NSW Health Covid update students that enrol for rail, training must comply with the following conditions before they are allowed to come in and get the training and medical done.
- Check in with our QR code before you enter the training room.
- If you have been fully vaccinated with both shots you must have your certificate with you to show staff on request, there is no need for PCR test.
- You must have had one vaccine shot and a negative Covid-19 PCR test within the last 72hrs prior to coming in for training and bring the NEGATIVE result with you to show staff on request.
- You must wear a face mask at all times while in the training room and medical centre.
- If your PCR test is positive you must isolate in accordance with NSW Health current instructions.
Foundation Skills requirements: It is important that personnel wishing to enrol in this course must have the 5 foundational skills in accordance with the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) meaning the ability to learn, read, write and ability to communicate orally as well as possess employability basic skills to the level required by the relevant industry.
Urban Rail Safety is committed to delivering rail safety training to personnel that wish to work in the rail sector, we provide a well-trained workforce to meet and exceed our Client’s requirements.
Urban Rail Safety holds a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) status with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). URS RTO provides industry-leading and innovative training, assessment and recertification services to the Australian Rail Industry sector.
Urban Rail Safety is also approved by Transport for NSW as a training provider (ATP) to deliver the National UOC TLIF-2080 Safely access the rail corridor Competency since 2015.
Can anyone get the RIW Card?
Personnel wishing to work in the rail environment must:
• Have a current Health Assessment meeting their rail safety work risk category (in accordance with the National Standard for Health Assessment of Rail Safety Workers), have completed successfully the Rail industry safety induction UOC TLIF2080 and
• Be employed by an Australian rail organisation or by a company that is contracted by an Australian rail organisation to undertake specific work in the rail corridor. Individuals can not apply for a RIW card without an ABN or a sponsoring Company.
We are located at 177 Elizabeth Drive Liverpool NSW 2170 at the same location as the (AHP) Approved Health Provider Work Recover Medical centre by Transport for NSW, alternatively you can find an approved health practitioner in your area by logging on to this website:
If you would like to use Work Recover Medical centre for your medical assessment we can also assist you to undertake the Health Assessment (CAT 3 Medical) at the same location on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week for which you will need to pay the medical centre separately. URS can also deliver Certificate 2 and 3 in Rail infrastructure as well as Track protection training and assessment to personnel wishing to advance their carrier in the rail industry, (check our scope and register with the course of your choice)