The big picture of this UOC
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to undertake Work Health and Safety (WHS) induction training within the construction industry. It requires the ability to demonstrate personal awareness of WHS legislative requirements, the basic principles of WHS, Identifying Hazards, Implementing risk management controls and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
All learners will be able to:
• Identify WHS legislative requirements
• Identify construction hazards and control measures
• Identify WHS communication and reporting processes
• Identify WHS incident response procedures
• Use essential skills and knowledge required for this unit